Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Greenhouse...


I started off with basic 10' x 16' metal carport and then beefed it up just a little to make it more rigid.


Then I added UV rated plastic on top and then installed 50% shade cloth over that so the plants wouldn't sunburn. On the sides I installed ribbed metal lathe that is used for stucco work. This also adds up to about 50% shade.


I then added some framing to the front and then back of the greenhouse. I also installed a sink and the benches to the house. I have water that I ran from existing irrigation pipe and set it to an automatic timer to water the plants.


Here it is with the front door and plastic added to the front and back. I also have plastic on the sides so they can be rolled down to totally enclose the greenhouse for winter and heated.


Here is a pic from the end of winter. Everything seems very happy. The tarp in the left rear is where I keep my phals. and bulbs. It stays a little darker back there and also more moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment