Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dtps. King Shiang's Beauty x Dtps. Minho Valentine


        I so happened to be walking through Home Depot a week ago getting supplies for a job I had going on and happened to see this plant. Normally I wouldn't buy a plant from one of the box stores, but this had a name and it reminds me of a couple other plants that I own. I love the 'splash' flowers. I also have a Dtps. Champion 'Lightning' and a Den. Enobi Purple 'Splash'. Once I got home with this plant, I repotted it in a 4" clay pot and shpagnum moss. Some people will not repot while the plant is still flowering, but I do. The blooms can last for months and by the time you get to repotting it after the blooms die back it could be too late for the roots. My philosophy is that as long as you do not break, or disturb a lot of the good roots, then the plant will continue to bloom and not go into shock.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joshua,first I congratulate you on the new Phal is cute, I agree with your comment, I happened the end of flowering the roots are rotten

    ReplyDelete