Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dendrobium Queen Cobra


      As most of you know by now, I am in love with antelope style dendrobiums. This is a plant I received last year from a society members collection. This is the second blooming that I have had since then and it is getting better every time it blooms. There are two inflorescences with about 30 blooms/buds between the two. Also, there are about 10 canes on this plant. The parents are Den. Hula Girl x Den. Gold Flush and was registered back in January 1, 1968. This is planted in a bark mixture, as I received it, and in a 6-7 inch plastic pot. I have not re-potted it yet due to the nice healthy growth pattern of this plant. As for culture, the antelope dendrobiums are very tolerant and adaptable. I find that our weather here in N.E. Florida, being hot and humid in the summer, is quite well for these plants and they thrive in our conditions. I water 2-3 times a week with light fertilizer every watering. They are evergreen plants and do not require any rest in winter, but I do cut back on watering to every 4-5 days in the winter due to not as much evaporation as in the summer. Feel free to post any questions or comments below.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous orchid, but most of all your passion. I am so impressed with the St. Augustine Florida Orchid Society and all the information they share with orchid enthusiasts. Christy Musgrave, The Plant House, Omaha, NE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindas plantas, lindo orquidário e lindo blog.
    abraços e Parabéns

    ReplyDelete