Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Vanda Somsri Pink:


This is one of my Vanda's. It blooms regularly for me and is somewhat of a big plant due to its roots. Most people will grow their vanda's bare root. This is exactly what it sounds like. No media, and without a pot. You can see by the picture that the roots get very long and that the stalk of the vanda plant can also get somewhat tall. I received this plant a couple years ago at the auction table from the Jacksonville Orchid Society. You can grow vanda's in a wide span of condition from full sun to minimal sun. They do require air movement around them so water does not pond in the leave bracts of the plant which will cause the leave to grow mould and eventually fall off. I water this plant every day in the morning and if I am around I will mist it throughout the day also.  


No comments:

Post a Comment